ISO 27001 describes the rules required for organizations to establish, implement, maintain and improve an information security management system. The latest version of the “ISO 27001 Information security, cyber security and protection of privacy - Information security management systems - Requirements” standard was updated and published in 2022. ISO 27001, which explains the general requirements of the information security management system, can be applied by every company, regardless of its size and field of activity. The ISO 27001 Information Security Management System standard, which is prepared in the general management system structure of ISO, includes rules and principles for identifying and managing information security risks.
Enterprises that establish a management system in accordance with the requirements of the standard can obtain ISO 27001 Information Security Management System Certificate from accredited certification bodies. In this way, it can give confidence to its stakeholders and protect its corporate reputation. You can contact Aşan Danışmanlık to get more detailed information about the certification process and to learn the scope of the standard. Aşan Consulting supports you in all aspects such as explaining the organization context and system requirements, system installation, preparation for certification, auditing and documentation.
ISO 27001 Information Security Management System Scope
An information security management system is a set of policies and procedures developed to systematically manage an organization´s sensitive data. The purpose of the system is to proactively limit the impact of security breaches, minimizing risk and ensuring business continuity. An information security management system typically handles data and technology as well as employee behavior and processes. It can be targeted to specific types of data, such as customer data, or it can be broadly applied by making it part of the company culture. The ISO 27001 Information Security Management System standard provides a systematic approach to managing an organization´s information security. Information security includes certain broad policies that control and manage security risk levels throughout the organization.
Companies that have established an information security management system in accordance with ISO 27001 can apply for ISO 27001 Certificate to accredited certification bodies. The ISO 27001 certification standard has been prepared in parallel with ISO´s other management systems. It includes the context of the organization, leadership, planning, support, operations, performance evaluation and continuous improvement. Organizations that want to have a certificate should have a good grasp of the content of this standard and apply for a certificate after making all the necessary preparations. You can contact Aşan Danışmanlık for all necessary technical and administrative support services in this regard.
ISO 27001 Information Security Management System Certificate
Benefits of ISO 27001 Information Security Management System Certificate
The information security management system provides a holistic approach to managing information systems within the organization. Some of the benefits this approach brings to organizations include:
* The information security management system ensures the protection of all kinds of private information that is document-based and digitally protected or in the cloud network. This includes personal data, intellectual property, financial data, customer data, and data entrusted to companies through third parties.
* This system ensures business continuity. Organizations increase their level of defense against threats with this system. This reduces the number of security incidents such as cyber attacks, reducing downtime to maintain business continuity.
* ISO 27001 Information Security Management System Certificate significantly reduces corporate costs. This system provides a comprehensive risk assessment of all assets. It allows organizations to prioritize the highest-risk assets to avoid indiscriminate spending on unnecessary defenses and provide a focused approach to securing them.
* ISO 27001 facilitates regulatory compliance of organizations. The system helps organizations meet all regulatory compliance and contractual requirements and provides a better understanding of the legal processes surrounding information systems. Having such a system is particularly beneficial for highly regulated industries with critical infrastructures such as finance or healthcare, as violations of regulations entail heavy fines.
* The ISO 27001 Information Security Management System standard makes it easier to adapt to emerging threats. The system helps organizations prepare for and adapt to newer threats and the ever-changing demands of the security landscape.