Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems CE Certificate
There are two important EU regulations that companies that want to obtain CE Certificate for unmanned aerial vehicle systems should be informed about. Regulation (EU) 2019/945 addresses the requirements for unmanned aircraft systems and requirements that must be met by designers, manufacturers, importers and distributors to obtain conformity markings and to monitor the market for their safety and competitiveness. Regulation (EU) 2019/947 defines the rules and procedures for the use of unmanned aerial vehicles by pilots and operators, the categories of use and a set of requirements for their use. Unmanned aerial vehicle systems CE Certificate is given to companies that meet the basic technical, health and safety requirements described in the regulation regarding these systems.
What is Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems CE Certificate?
Regulation (EU) 2019/945 lays down the requirements for the design and manufacture of unmanned aerial vehicle systems. It also includes descriptions of the commercialization requirements of these systems, including any must-have components or accessories. It describes the applicable design, manufacture, maintenance and use requirements for certain categories of unmanned aerial vehicles. There are also sections in the regulation that mention operations carried out by operators in third countries that are not members of the European Union. Regulation 2019/947, which came into force on 1 July 2020, sets out the norms and regulations regarding the use of unmanned aerial vehicle systems in European airspace.
Unmanned aerial vehicle systems CE Certificate is one of the most important prerequisites for the introduction of systems designed in accordance with these regulations to the European market. By ensuring that their products circulate freely in the European market, certificate holders have access to a very important and large market for unmanned aerial vehicles. As with other CE documents, it is recommended that companies receive consultancy services for the CE Certificate of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems. You can contact Aşan Danışmanlık about this issue.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems CE Certificate Scope
Unmanned aerial vehicle systems CE Certificate is valid in the following cases:
• UAVs intended to be operated under the rules and conditions applicable to the "Open" category (excluding specially built UAVs) and systems bearing the class identification label of the UAV class to which they belong.
• Remote identification plug-ins
• UAV systems where UAV operations are operated under the rules and conditions applicable to the "approved" and "specific" categories
• If UAV systems are operated within the European Union, UAV operators with principal place of business, located or residing in a third country
Unmanned aerial vehicle systems CE Certificate is not valid for UAV systems intended to be operated indoors.
How to Obtain CE Certificate for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems?
The Regulation details the obligations of manufacturers, their authorized representatives, importers and distributors. Products should only be placed on the market if they meet "open" category requirements and do not endanger the health or safety of persons, animals or property. Before placing a product on the European Union market, conformity assessment should be made and the appropriate technical file should be prepared. The relevant procedures are detailed in the annexes of the regulation. By preparing the EU declaration of conformity, the manufacturer assumes responsibility for the conformity of the product with the requirements of the Regulation. If there is a reason showing that a product on the market does not comply with these conditions, an evaluation is made about the relevant product and corrective measures should be taken immediately to make the product suitable and withdraw it from the market, if necessary. If non-compliance persists, the state concerned should take all appropriate measures to restrict or prohibit the placing on the market of the product or have it withdrawn or recalled from the market.
Conformity assessment bodies work to ensure product conformity. These entities should be independent of the assessed entities and not be the designer, manufacturer, supplier, installer, purchaser, owner, user (other than for assessment purposes) or maintainer of the product they are evaluating. Their work should be subject to the principles of confidentiality, objectivity and impartiality, and staff compensation should not depend on the number of assessments made or their results. There should be a transparent and accessible appeal procedure against the decisions of conformity assessment bodies.
The requirements for UAV systems operated in ´certified´ and ´specific´ categories are:
The design, manufacture and maintenance of the UAV must be certified if the UAV meets any of the following conditions:
• with a characteristic size of 3 m or more designed to operate on human populations
• designed to transport people
• designed for the transport of dangerous goods and requiring a high level of robustness to reduce risks to third parties in the event of an accident.
• Used in the “specific” operation category and with the operation permit given by the competent authority after a risk assessment.
A certified UAV must comply with the applicable requirements set out in regulations (EU) 748/2012, (EU) 2015/640 and (EU) 1321/2014.
A UAV used in the "specific" category, unless approved;
• in the operation permit issued by the competent authority,
• In the standards defined in Annex 1 of the 2019/947 regulation or
• Defined by the Light UAV Operator Certificate (LUC)
Must have technical skills.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems CE Certificate Benefits
Unmanned aerial vehicle systems CE Certificate will provide companies with the following benefits in summary:
• Ability to export UAV systems and components to the European market
• To ensure customer satisfaction
• Reduction of product complaints; reduction in recall procedures
• Increase in corporate reputation
• To gain privileges in tenders and to benefit from government incentives faster
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems CE Certificate Consulting
Aşan Danışmanlık provides consultancy support to companies in the process of obtaining CE Certificate for unmanned aerial vehicle systems. Aşan Danışmanlık, which plans all certification steps in a professional way, guides companies in testing, analysis, calculation, documentation, etc. related to UAV systems. You can forward all your questions about the CE Certificate of unmanned aerial vehicle systems to Aşan Danışmanlık.